Benefits of LLLT
- Painless and non-invasive for the patient
- Drug-free with no prescriptions or referrals needed
- No side effects
- Reduced chronic pain
- Decreases inflammation and swelling
- Removes internal scar tissue
- Regenerates muscle tissue
- Increases wound repair time and minimises scarring
- Assists with post-surgery site healing
Model Number: LRP808-1500
Average Output Power: 1500mW
Number of Laser Diodes: 3pcs laser diodes
Power per Laser Diode: 500mW
Peak Power: 3000mW
Laser Type: GaAlAs Semiconductor
Laser Wavelength: 808nm
Operation Modulation: only pulsed
Time Setting: 10 minutes
Power Source: 2pcs Rechargeable Lithium Battery ( 6800mAH )
Work Voltage: DC3.7
Input Voltage : 110V / 220VAC, 50 / 60Hz or DC12V
How it works
Low level laser therapy (LLLT) works at the cellular level by accelerating the body’s natural healing mechanisms. The effects of low level laser therapy are photochemical, meaning the results achieved are a result of the chemical action of light. The cells in the body have light sensitive chemicals called cytochromes. These chemicals are located in energy compartments in the cell called mitochondria.
Holding the laser device directly on the skin over the injured area for a period allows the beams of light to penetrate the tissue into muscles and joints. When this light penetrates deep into the tissue it stimulates the cytochromes in the mitochondria to produce a natural chemical compound known as ATP (Adenosine triphosphate). ATP stores the energy that fuels the body’s cells and heals tissue. The increased production of ATP brings oxygen-rich blood to the injured area, reducing stress and accelerating healing. As tissue is repaired, the patient experiences pain relief and reduced inflammation.
Cold laser therapy reduces inflammation and that results in pain reduction. Laser therapy is effective in treating acute pain, chronic conditions, and post-operative pain. The laser is an effective treatment for wounds, post-surgical incision care, arthritis, hip dysplasia, and many other conditions. LLLT is a noninvasive procedure that uses visible and near-infrared (NIR) light to stimulate cell regeneration and increase blood circulation. Overall cellular function is increased, allowing for rapid absorption of nutrients, elimination of wastes, growth of new cells and nerves.
Often, when people think of laser, they think of the burning rays or high powered intense beams. These could be called “hot lasers”. However, the wavelength (typically 600-950 nanometers – depending on the condition being treated) and power of cold lasers is such that it doesn’t cause tissue warming and will not burn or damage the animal’s skin. When held over the skin, there will possibly be a small tingling sensation.
Cold therapy laser is a great way to promote rapid healing in dogs and cats.
“As more veterinary schools adopt laser therapy and teach its basic science to students, growing numbers of practitioners will recognise that laser therapy, when properly applied and appropriately dosed, provides clinically significant benefits and expands our options for delivering compassionate veterinary care with fewer drugs and less surgery,” according to Veterinary Practice News.
It involves no drugs, no pain delivery and is a non-surgical viable option to treat many and varied injuries and conditions. The cold laser uses a beam of light as it gently passed over the affected area so that the cellular function is increased. This new cellular function may help reduce inflammation, increase circulation, assist recovery and healing post-operatively, and even releases endorphins so the body feels less pain. Laser therapy overall improves the way tissue repairs and renews itself.
Long-term clinical data shows that therapeutic laser should not be used over areas of active bleeding or over the eyes, testicles, tumors, pregnancies, or growth plates in the bones.
What does it help with?
- Reduces chronic pain: Laser Therapy is an effective drug-free, safe treatment for Arthritis, Sports Injuries, Neck, shoulder, knee, foot, back and hip pain, headaches, bunion pain, nerve pain, trigeminal neuralgia, sciatica etc.
- Decreases Inflammation and swelling: LLLT speeds up the body’s natural inflammation phase and induces the repair phase of healing. It promotes faster healing and less discomfort after an injury.
- Removes Internal Scar Tissue: Inhibits and removes Internal Scar Tissue that naturally forms after an injury that can cause discomfort and a delay in healing.
- Regenerates Muscle Tissue: Transfers light energy to the affected cells of muscle, regenerating and strengthening damaged muscle tissue to prevent future injury.
- Accelerates Bone Repair: Simulates the bone cells to replicate and produce new healthy bone tissue.